27 mars 2007

I am Kurdish

I challenge Poverty, Privation, pain.
I resist times of oppression with strength.
I have courage.
I do not love angel eyes,
Skin white as marble.
I love the rocks, the hills, the peaks lost among the clouds.
I challenge misfortune, misery, solitude
And I shall never be a slave of the enemy, never grant him treaty!
I challenge batons, chains, torture.
And even if my body lies torn in pieces,
With all my strength I shall scream:
I am Kurdish.

Poet: Hemin Mukriyani *

Translation : Desmond O'Grady

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Åk hem då, det är lugnt vi kommer inte sakna dig.

Rollx sa...

Det skall väl vara tillåtet att vara stolt över sitt ursprung. Jag är stolt över att vara "lapp" (norrlänning). :)

KurdishFlower sa...

Rollx -

Tydligen inte :)

Anonym -

;)